Foundation cracks can be a clear indicator of a problem with your foundation. If your house has vertical or horizontal cracks in the walls, diagonal “stair-step” cracking, buckling or bulging foundation walls or the top or bottom of the wall is experiencing “pushing in”, you may need your foundations repaired. The structural integrity of your entire house could be at risk and your insurance can be affected.
This is a situation no householder wants and when it happens, you will want to turn to a trusted, knowledgeable contractor. If you are in the Greater Toronto Area, Edko Enterprise is the natural choice. With many satisfied customers, we are your first choice for foundation crack repair.
Foundation crack repair project starts with thorough assessment of the situation. Simply patching up the cracks will not work, and in fact may make the matters worse. Foundation cracks are very common, it is very easy to overlook their appearance and fail to notice the ones that signal serious problems that require immediate repair over cosmetic ones.
Cracks appear in house foundation for various reasons. Most common is the simple fact that within 8 to 12 years after construction the house settles, the soil around it shifts and it puts extra pressure on the foundation. Once tiny cracks form – it is easier for water and moisture to get in, and then the constant temperature fluctuations, freeze and thaw cycles contribute to its deterioration.
Foundation Cracks that signal foundation problems:
• Bowing Foundation Walls – Foundation walls always experience pressure of the surrounding soil. Increased clay content in the soil, hydrostatic pressure and frost create extra risk factors that add to the pressure. As the result, the foundation wall bows in. To prevent the walls from collapsing under pressure wall anchors or force wall braces have to be installed to redistribute the pressure.
• Basement Floor Cracks – As over time the weight of the house redistributes over its foundation and the soil moves under the house weight. As the result concrete floor cracks, either because empty spots form underneath, or added pressure from the soil under the concrete floor.
• Heaving Foundation – The soil pressure cause the foundation to expand and shift causing it to crack in the points where the pressure is too high.
• Settling foundation – Although whren the house is built the extra pressure for various shifts is allowed for in the calculations, the settling foundation is a common fact. Settling foundation will not necessarily show the cracks in the foundation, it could be cracks around the chimney are or running across the facade.
• Foundation wall cracks – The same processes couse foundation to crack inside or outside. What makes it difficult to detect is that sometimes the area is hidden from the eye, and the damage becomes apparent when it is already too late and water starts seeping into the house.
Foundation Crack Repair in the Greater Toronto area
There are many different causes of foundation cracks, which means there are unique solutions for each. Concrete walls can experience small cracks as they cure, which is no cause for alarm. However, if your walls are cracking because of expansive soils or settlement foundation issues, they will require repair work. Problems with your foundations can lead to leaks that only compound problems. When this happens, you need to turn to a contractor you can trust. At Edko Enterprise, we are experts in foundation wall crack and leak repairs in the Toronto area, helping hundreds of householders just like yourself.
Cost-Effective Foundation Wall Crack Solutions in the Greater Toronto Area
If there are problems with your foundation, the cost to repair them can be prohibitive — especially with all the other financial pressures on family budgets these days. Edko Enterprise is the No. 1 contractor for basement waterproofing and foundation crack repair in Toronto, Hamilton, Burlington and surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on offering cost-effective solutions to foundation and leak repair issues for householders just like yourself.
No matter the problem you’re experiencing with your foundation walls, our team of knowledgeable experts is here to help. Give us a call or email today and see how we can assist you.