Exterior waterproofing is generally the most effective way to keep moisture out of your finished or unfinished basement floor and walls. At Edko Enterprise, we specialize in exterior waterproofing services that address the underlying cause of moisture infiltration without disturbing your basement. This is an attractive option if your basement is already partially or fully finished. Our comprehensive strategy addresses foundation seepage, standing water and humidity issues.
To protect your basement from external moisture, rain and flooding, we complete these steps:
- Excavate around the exterior of your foundation to access the root of your moisture problems;
- Install or replace weeping tiles that are located at the bottom of the footing;
- Apply moisture-proof rubberized urethane to the outside of your foundation walls;
- Protect the waterproof layer with a synthetic membrane and durable dimple board that diverts water into the weeping tiles;
- Cover the weeping tiles and surrounding gravel with geo-textile filter cloth to prevent the system from clogging;
- Replace the excavated soil and grade the area to divert water away from the foundation.
Managing External Moisture Infiltration
Moisture enters your basement though the path of least resistance. This usually happens when there are cracks in the foundation, weeping tiles were never installed or the drains have clogged after years of use.
Edko Enterprise prevents these problems from returning by installing new drains and plastic geo-textile filters that shield the weeping tiles and the gravel drainage zone. This provides two layers of extra protection to ensure that dirt stays out and water reaches the weeping tiles and sump pump.
Our specially designed exterior waterproofing system keeps water in a confined area beneath the footers and away from the foundation. This reduces the hydrostatic pressure that’s created when water pushes against your foundation, and it protects your home from damage. The only disadvantage is that air conditioner compressors, trees, shrubs and fixed objects located near the foundation need to be removed before the area can be waterproofed.
Basement Waterproofing Costs
Water damage costs a lot in the long run, especially when you consider the price of replacing items and the amount of depreciation that your home may experience. Investing in exterior basement waterproofing is an effective way to protect your property and your valuable possessions. Plus, our long-term waterproofing solutions are backed by a transferable warranty that covers your home for 25 years even if you sell it.
Call now to speak with a Edko Enterprise® waterproofing expert: Call (416)823-8483